This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases. Please read the full disclosure here.
Are you looking for strong coffee with a lot of caffeine to make in your Keurig? You’ve come to the right place! This post is going to review some of the best K-Cups for strong coffee with high caffeine content. Our goal is to provide you with information that help you find the right coffee to give you a productive day.
What makes coffee strong? There are a few different things we can look at. One of those is a strong coffee taste. Another thing is the amount of caffeine in the coffee. Just because a cup of coffee tastes strong, that doesn’t mean there’s a high caffeine content. So are you looking for a strong coffee flavor or a high caffeine content?
If you are interested in K-Cups with a strong coffee taste, please visit our post: The Best K-Cups for Strong Coffee Flavor
Coffee With Strong Caffeine Content
First, we will go over the best K-Cups that will give you coffee with strong caffeine content. One very important thing to keep in mind is that a strong, bold, and intense-tasting coffee does not mean the coffee has a lot of caffeine. Drinking a dark roast coffee does NOT give you more caffeine. The roast of the coffee is insignificant regarding caffeine content. We discuss this further in a post discussing whether dark roast has more caffeine.
Consider the Beans
There are other things to look at when looking for a high-caffeine coffee. One thing to look at is the species of the coffee bean. Generally, Robusta beans contain more caffeine than Arabica beans. Arabica beans are known for a superior flavor, but have less caffeine content. Considering this, having beans that are Robusta will have more caffeine.
The main issue is that there are not a lot of K-Cup options that have Robusta beans. For that reason, many of our recommendations will be Arabica. Although the strong and high-caffeine K-Cup coffee is from Arabica beans, there is still a way to increase the caffeine content.
Extra Caffeine Extract for a Strong K-Cup
High-caffeine K-Cups can still use Arabica beans. In order to get the higher caffeine content, they add additional coffee extract to increase the caffeine content. When they add the additional coffee extract, it will produce a higher caffeine content, regardless of the bean used.
If extra coffee extract added to Robusta beans, it will give you highest caffeine in your coffee. That will make your coffee the strongest regarding caffeine. Adding the extra coffee extract to Arabica beans still infuses more caffeine into the K-Cup. This can make an Arabica-bean coffee with infused extract higher in caffeine content than a plain Robusta coffee.
Use the “Strong” Setting on Your Keurig
When traditionally brewing coffee, you can add extra coffee to make it stronger. Although when using a Keurig, you cannot add extra coffee. Many Keurigs have a “Strong” button, which slows down the speed that the coffee is pumped through the K-Cup. This allows more coffee to be absorbed into the water. As a result, there will be more caffeine in your cup of coffee. Don’t forget to use it.
Best K-Cups for Strong Coffee and High Caffeine
One advantage of having a Keurig is you have the option to purchase different types of coffee in a single purchase. If you buy a bag of coffee beans, you have a whole bag to use. With K-Cups, you can buy a variety pack and try out different brands and types of coffee.
The disadvantage a the variety pack is it may not include some of the good brands and types. Below we are going to list some variety packs along with some brands not included in the variety packs. That way you can decide which will work best for you.
Variety Packs of High-Caffeine K-Cups at Amazon
Among variety packs, Amazon has a few different types of variety packs that have extra caffeine. This is a great way to try different types of K-Cups that are strong and have high caffeine. Here are some options from Amazon:
- Two Rivers Coffee High Caffeine Variety Pack K-Cups – This is a popular high-caffeine variety pack which has K-Cups from Brooklyn Bean Roastery, Java Factory Roastery “Da Bomb” K-Cups, and more. This can be a great way to sample the K-Cups to see which type of coffee is the best for you.
- Perfect Samplers High Caffeine Coffee Pods Variety Pack – Another popular variety pack of high-caffeine K-Cups is from Perfect Samplers. This variety pack has different types of highly caffeinated coffees like Double Donut Double Caffeine, Shock Coffee, Red Eye Coffee, and others to try. A great way to see which ones you like and work best for you.
Popular High-Caffeine K-Cups at Amazon
- VitaCup Lightning Coffee Pods – The VitaCup Lightening K-Cups is interesting for those that want a strong caffeine kick. In addition to the double caffeine, they add Nootropics. What is that? It is a spice in the ginger family that, when combined with caffeine, helps the brain with focus. They also add B-Vitamins and more to give that extra energy. This would be a great option to try first to see if it gives you the boost you need.
- Death Wish Coffee Pods – This is a very popular, high-caffeine coffee. One of the benefits is they use a combination of Aribica and Robusta beans. Robusta beans have more caffeine than Aribica. That helps this coffee to increase its caffeine content. Also, its organic and fair trade. Please note that some people have had issues using these pods in a Keurig 2.0. If you own a Keurig 2.0, another option is to purchase the Death Wish Ground Coffee and please read our article on how to put ground coffee into a Keurig.
- Starbucks Coffee with 2x Caffeine – Starbucks is known for having high quality and flavorful coffee. For those looking for an extra caffeine boost, they offer K-Cups that have double the caffeine. They offer the 2x Caffeine coffee in different kinds of roasts, so you can enjoy your favorite type of roast. They also offer 2x Caffeine coffee in Honey Caramel and Vanilla flavors, in case you want to enjoy a unique taste to your high-caffeine k-cups.
When looking for the best K-Cups for high caffeine, there are many options. Variety packs can be a good way to try different flavors to see which one you like the best. If you are looking to choose one type, there are good options for getting a high-caffeine K-Cup as well.
Be sure to use “Strong” button on your Keurig to make sure you’re getting the most caffeine in your coffee. If you have a high-caffeine coffee that you enjoy for your Keurig, and it’s not mentioned here, drop us a note and let us know. Enjoy!